Thursday, July 8, 2010

I declare today to be 'Make Out Like a Bandit' day!

Apparently I'm hiding horseshoes somewhere, because today has been rather fortuitous. First off, in the elevator today we met up  with a sweet family who gave Dawson a freezie! Yes it was 9am, and yes candy/strangers  blah blah blah,  but it's a scorcher out there and a freezies are Dawson's new favourite thing. So yay, and thank you Family from the 10th floor!

Then, I totally scored at Goodwill. I love me some Goodwill, and every so often you hit the jackpot! We have a wedding to go to this weekend, and since Jamie hasn't worn a suit since the day we were married, it was time to do some shopping. But while we don't really have the money to go buy a good suit right now, a cheap suit is often worse than no suit. Enter Goodwill! Last week I picked up a custom tailored jacket, Givenchy shirt and Tommy Hilfiger slacks for about $20. (Add dry cleaning for 10 bucks and you've got GQ for $30!) Today I went back for shoes and scored the most gorgeous Italian leather shoes for... wait for it... $7! My man looks like a million bucks, and it cost me $37. Woot woot.

Lastly, while I was leaving GW I got a text from my neighbour who is about to leave for 10 days. He was asking if I could  water his plants while he's gone, and in return he gave me EVERYTHING perishable in his fridge! Milk, hotdogs, oranges, cherries, peaches, pears, clementines, cucumbers, peppers, bananas and grapes.  I love friendships like this, where you feel comfortable enough to unload all your produce and the half bottle of wine you opened last night. I seriously wont have to grocery shop for a week. Thank you Mohammad! I promise to try to keep your plants alive!

Tomorrow's lottery  jackpot is $43M. The way today is going, I think I'm going to have to go buy a ticket!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! What a day! I really need to go to the store today so I'm jealous of your food loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sheer volume of fruit was so exciting! There was a tub of Rainier cherries, which I'd never heard of before. SO GOOD! My new favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the plants living?! I would surely have killed them by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um... the plants are... somewhat living? I missed one day of watering and that really seemed to irk them. I cut off all the dead blooms last night so now it looks a bit better. A little sparse perhaps, but better.

    ReplyDelete